Thursday, September 1, 2011

Australia: Melbourne here we come! (part1)

Hie peeps. I’m back from 6621KM away. Open-mouthed smile It was one hell of a road trip and totally exciting. To start things off, we first dropped off at Melbourne. My uncle’s place. Hmm… Melbourne, CROWDED WITH ASIANS! Everywhere you turn, you see Asians. I was like OMG, am I in some Asian country? Before I start off with the pictures in Melbourne, here’s 2 pictures from the sky.

Please excuse my camera for having too much dust, didn’t bothered to clean it up yet. DSC_9757

Clouds looks like little sheep. So fluffy and white! DSC_9746

OK, time for pictures from Melbourne. I’ll start from the very beginning, but I’m not too sure whether I’ll remember every little detail.

Aunt & mum in the early morning. DSC_9763

Just in case you don’t know, Australia is 2hours ahead of Malaysia. Which means I woke up at 8a.m in the morning, it’s only 6a.m. in Malaysia. So I was actually going through my very own FML moment for a few mornings. Apart from that, Australia is currently at the end of the winter, but still with us staying in a 365 summer country, 16degress is quite cold for us.

My aunt has their very own plum tree, lemon tree, and even orange tree! They don’t really have to buy fruits when it’s the right season. And they even grow herbs! Damn Chio wer.

DSC_9764

A very lonely dandelion.DSC_9774

Not forgetting to camwhore la!DSC_9779

It was a very chillax day so we just went to some where near, BoxHill. Which is over populated by Chinese!

DSC_9792

DSC_9793

Mum ate a very sour piece of pineapple. LOLDSC_9794

This trip, I should say that I took quite some decent photos on coffee. Everywhere I go, my first priority is a cup of hot coffee as it’s BLOODY cold out there. Had to wrap ourselves like rice dumplings. 

DSC_9799

Our first decent meal in Melbourne was actually Vietnamese beef noodles. Taste quite good le.

DSC_9787

DSC_9791

Fish spring roll. Taste soooo good that I’m craving for it now. DSC_9788

That basically sums up first day in Melbourne. Next day we headed off to town, Queen Victoria market. Which only open 3 days a week. Before that, some pictures of my uncle’s house. They practically build the whole house on their own. *salute*

DSC_9820

DSC_9823

DSC_9829

DSC_9828

DSC_9831

OK, enough of ridiculous picture of us. Let’s get down to business.

Skyscrapers of MelbourneDSC_9833

DSC_9834

DSC_9838

DSC_9841

Ignore the fire hose and pay attention to “I <3 Australia” that is the focus point! DSC_9846

DSC_9847

Basically, the market sells practically everything. From food, to clothes, to shoes, to accessories, to even souvenirs. Most of you guys’ souvenirs are bought here cause they are cheaper than lots of places.

After shopping for some gifts, it’s time for lunch and I had the biggest burger I’ve ever seen.

DSC_9865

DSC_9863

DSC_9866

Things in Australia is not CHEAP I tell you! In my opinion, the living standard is higher than U.KDSC_9858

Me love fries but this fries no nice. DSC_9862

After lunch, I went off with sister to meet with her friend while mum went off with my aunt for some “aunty shopping”. Wouldn’t want to stay in a department store looking at toasters (don’t ask me why toaster but I just feel that is what aunty does).

Off to the streets.

DSC_9867

Sorry bout the photos, forgot to chance the white balance so everything looks BLUE. DSC_9875

Meet them at Royale Arcade and “yum cha” at KoKo Black. They serve amazing hot chocolate!

DSC_9882

DSC_9879

DSC_9886

Off to Yarra River next!

Layers and layers of clothes. DSC_9899

The photos taken from Yarra River, I did not edit. It just so happen that it’s cloudy (making it look dramatic) and the street lights are just coming on. DSC_9910

DSC_9920

Pretty isn’t? DSC_9912

That wraps up for the night scene. Went to town on the following night for some music concert in Melbourne Town Hall. Sister got us free tickets. Open-mouthed smile 

Night view of Melbourne city. DSC_9934

It was super cold that night and mum fell sick after that. ):

DSC_9939

Ears were too cold therefore had to cover it up. I look like an oversized doll over here. DSC_9940

Headed back to BoxHill before aunt picked us up and we had nothing to do and there is where our craziness sets in.

DSC_9944

DSC_9945

DSC_9946

Love my pictures? keep tuning on. Smile will have more updates to come. Will leave the post as it is. Wouldn’t want to cramp everything into just 1 post don’t I?

Till then,

Au revoir

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Just a simple person going through an ordinary life. Adding in more fun and color every single day

Lucky Number

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...