Thursday, November 11, 2010

Loving my body

*This is going to be a long article and if you don’t feel like reading, LEAVE!*

I was browsing through Cleo Mag Nov issue and this particular post just caught my eye. Ever wonder what it is like to weight just 40KG? ever wonder how it would like to have a 24inch waist? Well, DON’T! As I’ve calculated, people with my height should be approximately 54-58kg, would be ideal. I admit that I was having a little obsession of dieting previously, but all these is just the past now. After reading this article, it scares me to death, and I mean it…!

anorexia

This particular post would b e talking on ANOREXIA. What is anorexia? The picture above explains it all. As quoted in CLEO,

They’re too exhausted to have fun, too sick to go to work and too embarrassed to hang out with your friends. For women in their 20s who starve themselves to stay thin, anorexia is a fast track to isolation and despair.

Normally anorexia happens on teens, but with the dramatic change in the society, it is likely to happen among people like my age, in their 20s.

_anorexia

If you think that being skinny, just having bones is pretty, you’re WRONG!Thumbs downThumbs downThumbs down

Of course I know how it is like to be laughed at when you’re fat, when you have a problem in eating. I used to eat emotionally, when i’m very angry/sad/happy, I eat. It kind of just releases all tension. But sooner or later, I see inches growing, I see weight increasing, therefore I wanted to be pretty, I wanted to feel nice. (Which gal wouldn’t want?) But by not eating well, you’re torturing your own healthy and body, you won’t feel that energetic anymore, you won’t feel as lively as in the past anymore. You feel like lashing yourself out from the world.

bulimia-anorexia

But if you really feel that you need to loose some weight, try eating healthier and exercising. Not by starving yourself. Talk to someone that actually understand you, instead of laughing at you. People that laugh at you when you are most vulnerable, they are not your friends, DITCH them!!!!

I’m lucky that I have a several friends that are actually mentally there for me. No other than my besties all the way from KL. They were there for me when I was feeling depress, there for me when I feel like dying. They drag me out for dinners, go the extra mile just for me, making sure that I’m feeling alright. Hie, we all have insecurities alright? *Don’t judge me!*

Now I feel much better, I’m not terrified anymore, even though i’m still very conscious of what I put in my mouth, but I still enjoy McDonalds as my lunch, buffet steamboat as my dinner. There is time where you can actually just let your tummy/body relax for a day. I still go for long jogs around my area, do some abs exercises to make sure that I’m still fit and healthy, but no more starving myself. *proud*!

Here are some points that you might find it helpful to define yourself. Be very careful when you read them.

Untitled-1

So gals/guys, stop torturing your body.. Open-mouthed smile Everyone wants to be pretty, but everyone is pretty in their own damn way. Just be healthy and you’ll be fine. Be fit and stop puking all your food away!

anorexia_bulimia_in_dieting_problems

Talk to people about your feelings, don’t hide them. You have the right to let others know how you feel and think.

AF986ACD4E707BA1865D5F4B7C8F08DC

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Just a simple person going through an ordinary life. Adding in more fun and color every single day

Lucky Number

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...